11.03.2008

Holiday Comfort Food


I saw these photos floating around the internet awhile back and really liked the idea. It's definitely the time of year when I start making all of my favorite comfort food recipees. Here is my favorite banana bread recipe from my childhood.
1/2 Cup Shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon (mmmm)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
1. tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
3 big bananas (the riper the better)

Combine shortening, sugar and eggs; blend well. Dissolve soda in 3 tablespoons hot water; mix with sugar mixture. Add 1 cup flour and salt; beat well. Add bananas, remaining flour and vanilla; mix until smooth. Bake at 375 until golden brown.

Dunk muffin in milk or orange juice for best results:)

2 comments:

Maeve said...

did that person cook their bread on the windowsill? magic! :D

Rozie said...

Gonna have to try my recipe with cinnamon & vanilla now. Last time, put some lemon juice and dried cranberries in my recipe - that one went fast.