10.11.2009

DIY Crochet Rug Made of Sheets


Woah. So I've been mia for awhile now. I think I'm going through an anti-social phase, but don't worry I still have lots of cool DIY decor to share. I have been busy making little projects for the new house. The first one I want to share with you is this crocheted bath mat I made out of old sheets. The basic idea is to rip your old sheets and fabrics into strips and then crochet with those strips. Just to give you a general idea this bathmat was about 3/4 of a full size sheet. I liked the ripping part of this project. I was able to take out a lot of aggression on the one sheet!

I wanted to keep the bathmat quiet because of all the patterns already happening in the bathroom. I debated for a long time on how to finish the mat. I ended up going with a red trim to make it stand out from the floor just enough.

The texture of the rug is really beautiful and functional as well. It is actually really cushy and comfortable to stand on. And the best part, you can just throw it in the washer/dryer when it starts getting funky.

1 comment:

Maeve said...

Great idea! The red was a nice touch and really makes it pop in its environment.