2011 Screen Printed Calendar Tea Towels

Here is a sneak peak at my latest project, the 2011 holiday tea towel!

This weekend has really been a lot of trial and error. The first time I printed the tea towels, the ink instantly clogged in the screen leaving me very frustrated. I tried again the next morning with a slightly different set up, and it work beautifully.

After a lot of brainstorming for packaging ideas, I decided to go with the simple jute wrap with a little kraft tag. I thought about putting them in a clear ziplock, but I want people to be able to touch them. I also thought about doing a belly band, but the band went right through a critical part of the design, so I opted not to do that. I like the simplicity of my final solution.
Check out this beautiful red ink that's not clogging!


IJ said...


Sandra Dumais said...

I just came across this post and wow! These are just simply stunning. Well done.