8.03.2011

Tear Away Wallpaper


I have a lot of experience ripping wall paper down and putting new from my childhood. My mom was known for her wallpaper expertise in her circle of friends and so anytime she had a wallpaper job I was her assistant. Now, as an adult, I am usually turned off by wallpaper. It's usually just too much for a room. And the patterns can feel old and dated so quickly after they are put up. That is why I usually just stick to paint.

But this this tear away wall paper by znak is opening my eyes to the possibilities and future of wallpaper. Wall paper can be expressive, creative, organic. It can change over time. I like all of these things. It's more of a collaboration between the designer and the home owner.

What are your thoughts on wallpaper?




via craftzine

No comments: