1.12.2011

Traveling Across Argentina by Bus

I was a little hesitant to sign myself up for an 18 hr bus ride, but flying was not in my budget. I booked a ticket for cama completo which is the most executive bus class where you seat can lay flat. The company was called via Barileche. Overall, I was very impressed by the buses, despite the nasty unhelathy food.


This is my seat. It folds back to lay completely flat which made it very easy for me to sleep on my side or back.


I mostly poked at my din din becuase I was scared to eat it. I think the upper right was mayo on turkey, but I'm not too sure. I think I nibbled on the crackers. I had a snack earlier so I wans't that hungry. I watched a movie and then it was time to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning there were rolling grassy hills spotted with low lying trees. They served us breakfast around 8. Also, a disappointment. I ate an apple that I brought on my own. There was an LED sign that had the time and temp and if the bathroom was being used "WC occupado."

Then I went back to sleep for another 2 hours. When I woke up the landscape changed and we were in a rain forest. And then we arrived at Puerta Iguazu 1 and a half hours early! I don't feel tired and cranky from the bus ride. I actually feel quite rested and ready for more exploration. Cost of bus ride: 124 dollars.

No comments: